The ICTJA is an international geosciences research institute whose mission is to advance the understanding of Earth System Science. We will achieve this by applying advanced (forefront) experimental and analytical methodologies to well-defined, knowledge-driven research objectives. A key part of our mission is to meet industrial and societal needs through knowledge transfer applied to geohazards and exploration and exploitation of geological resources. Central to our mission is quality training of the next generation of Earth Science researchers and technicians.
ICTJA’s vision is to enhance key areas in knowledge-driven research and to use this knowledge to meet major industrial and societal challenges in:
• Earth Systems Science.
• Subsurface characterization and monitoring.
• Characterization and assessment of geological, environmental, and climate hazards
These challenges intersect with:
• Identify new and emerging research opportunities.
• Enhance our training capabilities of the next generation of Earth scientists.
• Increase our support of early career researchers.
• Raise our level of international collaboration.
C/ Lluis Solé Sabaris s/n, Barcelona, E-08028 Spain
Institut de Ciències de la Terra Jaume Almera
+34 93 409 54 10