- Dr. Sébastien Castelltort, Section of Earth and Environmental Sciences,Université de Genève, Suïssa
- Date: Oct, 2, 2015 12:00 am
- Place: Sala d'Actes del Institut de Ciències de la Terra Jaume Almera(ICTJA)
- Location: C/ Solé i Sabarís s/n, Barcelona
- Contact: Jaume Verges (ICTJA)
Much work has recently focused on measuring vertical uplift of rocks in orogens through a variety of methods, but little attention has been given to large-scale horizontal motions that are particularly important in oblique collisional settings. Here we will see examples on how the planform shape of drainage networks can be used to reconstruct such large-scale horizontal motions of the crust over geological times scales.