- Dr. Emilio Casciello (ICTJA-CSIC) i Mar Moragas (ICTJA-CSIC)
- Date: Jul, 5, 2016 12:00 am
- Place: Sala d'Actes del Institut de Ciències de la Terra Jaume Almera(ICTJA)
- Location: C/ Solé i Sabarís s/n, Barcelona
- Further information: Dr. Jaume Verges
Significant oil discoveries in the Brazilian Campos, Santos and Pelotas basins have attracted research onto the under-explored regions of the ‘conjugate’ African margin of the central Atlantic Ocean, including the Namibe Basin of Angola.
Here, field based structural study, RSM, sedimentological and diagenetic analyses are used to unravel the tectono-sedimentary evolution and it’s relation with the major magmatic and diagenetic stages. Detailed fault chronology, margin-scale ocean-wards tilt, mayor transgressive and erosional events, with the consequent diagenetic complexities, are documented in this multidisciplinary study funded and coordinated by Statoil.