Irene Pérez Cáceres
- Department: Structure and Dynamics of the Earth and Crystallography
- Research Group: Structure and Dynamics of the Earth
- Academic degree: Doctor
- 2017: PhD Thesis. Title Doctoral Thesis: Terranes affinity and Variscan transpressional evolution of Rheic-related units in SW Iberia. Cum Laude qualification. International mention by the Earth Sciences Doctoral Programme of the University of Granada.
- 2012: Official Master in Geological Resources and Geotechnics at the University of Oviedo. Title Master Thesis: Estructura y metamorfismo de la Zona Axial Pirenaica en el sector suroccidental del Macizo de Lys-Caillaouas (Huesca, España).
- 2010: Graduate in Geology at the University of Salamanca.
- 2017-2018: Postdoctoral researcher and lecturer at the University of Granada.
- 2016-2017: Graduate research assistant at the University of Granada.
- 2012-2016: Pre-Doctoral programme FPI (Training of teaching-research staff) supported by the Ministry of Economy and Competiveness of the Spanish Government at the University of Granada.
- Variscan orogeny
- Iberian Massif
- Structural geology
- Low grade metamorphism
- Geological cartography
- Field geology
- November 2018: Research scientist on “Somos Científicos” divulgation activity organized by FECYT.
- June 2015 and May 2016: Conferences of laboral orientation for students of Geology, University of Granada: “Life of a PhD student in Geology”.
- May 2015: Participation on the organization and development of Geolodía 2015, Granada, of the Geological Society of Spain: “La falla de Nigüelas”.
- Geolog Imaggeo on Mondays, European Geoscience Union (distributed via imaggeo.egu.eu), 26 January, 2015: “Landslide on the Cantabrian Coastline”.
- November 2013: XII Science week, Project “Faults and Earthquakes”, Faculty of Sciences, Universidad de Granada.
- May 2013: Participation on the organization and development of Geolodía 2013, Granada, of the Geological Society of Spain: “Deslízate a conocer el oro de Granada”.
PREVIOUS SELECTED PUBLICATIONS
Brown, D., R. J. Herrington, and J. Alvarez-Marron (2011), Processes of arc-continent collision in the uralides, in Arc-continent collision, edited by D. Brown and P. D. Ryan, pp. 311-340, Springer.
Pérez-Cáceres, I., D. Martínez Poyatos, J. F. Simancas, and A. Azor (2017), Testing the Avalonian affinity of the South Portuguese Zone and the Neoproterozoic evolution of SW Iberia through detrital zircon populations. Gondwana Research 42C,177-192, doi: 10.1016/j.gr.2016.10.010.
Simancas, J.F., A. Azor, D.J. Martínez Poyatos, I. Expósito, I. Pérez-Cáceres, F. González Lodeiro (2016), Comment on “The Late Devonian Variscan suture of the Iberian Massif: A correlation of high-pressure belts in NW and SW Iberia. Tectonophysics 654, 96–100" by R. Fernández and R. Arenas, Tectonophysics, 666, 281-284, doi:10.1016/j.tecto.2015.07.040.
Pérez-Cáceres, I., J. F. Simancas, D. Martínez Poyatos, A. Azor and F. González Lodeiro (2016), Oblique collision and deformation partitioning in the SW Iberian Variscides, Solid Earth, 7, 857-872, doi:10.5194/se-7-857-2016.
Pérez-Cáceres, I., D. Martínez Poyatos, J. F. Simancas, and A. Azor (2015), The elusive nature of the Rheic Ocean suture in SW Iberia, Tectonics, 34 (12), 2429–2450, doi:10.1002/2015TC003947.