The main objective of this research challenge is to improve the knowledge of solid Earth’s structure and dynamic, and how their infleunec in the origin of risks and geological resources, giving inputs to the productive sector and the society.
- The earth's crust and terrestrial mantle structure, physical properties and dynamic process to several spatial-temporal scales.
- Combination of experimental data from seismic exploration, potential fields and surface geology.
- Development of evolutionary models of dynamics and physicochemical processes in crust and mantle and their interaction with surface processes of mass distribution and relief modification.
- Development of industrial applications of basic research developed in this challenge.
- Development of new geophysical methodologies and numerical modeling and processing algorithms.
- Comparison between terrestrial geodynamics and other planetary systems.