Agustín Lobo Aleu
- Department: Environmental Geology and Geohazards
- Research Group: Environmental Changes in the Geological Record
- Academic degree: Doctor
+34 93 409 5410 ext. 219
- Postdoctoral period (Fulbright Scholar), 1991-1993. Cornell University and Princeton University.
- Ph. D., 1990. Biological Sciences, Universitat de Barcelona.
- M. Sc. (Diplôme d'Études Approfondies), 1983. Oceanology, Université Aix-Marseille.
- B. Sc. (Licenciado) 1979 Bilogical Sciences (Universidad Complutense)
Agustín Lobo specializes on applications of Remote Sensing and spatial analysis for the study of the Earth Surface. He analyzes images provided by instruments onboard satellites, aircrafts and increasingly from UAVs, along with information acquired by other means in a GIS context.
- Study of Geo-Biospheric Processes through the Analysis of Time Series of Satellite Images and derived products, with particular attention to:
- Carbon and water cycle
- Vegetation Dynamics
- Land Cover Change
- Analysis of Hyper-spectral imagery for the identification of Surface materials.
- Statistically-based processing of high-resolution imagery within the context of Geospatial analysis for Environmental applications
PREVIOUS SELECTED PUBLICATIONS
Gil, A., C. Fonseca, A. Lobo, and H. Calado (2012), Linking GMES Space Component to the development of land policies in outermost regions - The Azores (Portugal) case-study, European Journal of Remote Sensing, 45(1), 263-281, doi: 10.5721/EuJRS20124524.
Gil, A., Q. Yu, A. Lobo, P. Lourenço, L. Silva, and H. Calado (2011a), Assessing the effectiveness of high resolution satellite imagery for vegetation mapping in small islands protected areas, Journal of Coastal Research(SPEC. ISSUE 64), 1663-1667.
Gil, A., H. Calado, L. T. Costa, J. Bentz, C. Fonseca, A. Lobo, M. Vergilio, and J. Benedicto (2011b), A methodological proposal for the development of Natura 2000 sites Management Plans, Journal of Coastal Research(SPEC. ISSUE 64), 1326-1330.
Gutierres, F., A. Gil, E. Reis, A. Lobo, C. Neto, H. Calado, and J. C. Costa (2011), Acacia saligna (Labill.) H. Wendl in the Sesimbra County: Invaded habitats and potential distribution modeling, Journal of Coastal Research(SPEC. ISSUE 64), 403-407.
Lobo, A., and J. L. G. Rebollar (2010), Model-based discriminant analysis of Iberian potential vegetation and bio-climatic indices, Physics and Chemistry of the Earth, 35(1-2), 52-56, doi: 10.1016/j.pce.2010.03.010.
Lobo, A., P. Maisongrande, and L. Coret (2010), The impact of the heat wave of summer 2003 in SW Europe as observed from satellite imagery, Physics and Chemistry of the Earth, 35(1-2), 19-24, doi: 10.1016/j.pce.2010.03.041.
Lobo, A., F. Ara, F. Baró, and C. Camino (2012), Geospatial analysis for conservation: Applications with open-source software in the Natural Parks of Barcelona, Applied Geomatics, 4(2), 113-122, doi: 10.1007/s12518-012-0079-z.
Reyes-García, V., J. C. Ledezma, J. Paneque-Gálvez, M. Orta, M. Gueze, A. Lobo, D. Guinart, and A. C. Luz (2012), Presence and purpose of nonindigenous peoples on indigenous lands: A descriptive account from the Bolivian lowlands, Society and Natural Resources, 25(3), 270-284, doi: 10.1080/08941920.2010.531078.
Ruggieri, F., R. A. Gil, J. L. Fernandez-Turiel, J. Saavedra, D. Gimeno, A. Lobo, L. D. Martinez, and A. Rodriguez-Gonzalez (2012), Multivariate factorial analysis to design a robust batch leaching test to assess the volcanic ash geochemical hazard, Journal of Hazardous Materials, 213-214, 273-284, doi: 10.1016/j.jhazmat.2012.01.091.